Death at the Nile is the 1/3 https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/9114012/ episode https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/9114020/ of series nine of Agatha Christie’s Poirot. It whttps://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/9114051/ https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/9114060/ as broadcast on 12 April 2004. The episode was directed by Andy Wilson and the screenplay became written via Kevin Elyot. It became an edition of the Agatha Christie novel of the identical call.Synopsis
Poirot embarks on a cruise deliver at the Nile, in which he receives to realize Linnet Ridgeway, a wealthy American heiress on her honeymoon. The idyllic stay is hampered only with the aid of the spiteful presence of her former friend Jacqueline, who vowed revenge after Linnet stole the heart of her boyfriend. Murder is inside the air…Comparison with Original Novel
Spoiler caution: A spoiler is introduced! The following segment contains information about Death on the Nile novel and adaptation.
This adaptation may be very faithful to the unique novel.
- Some minor characters are dropped. Fanthorp’s position is partly replaced by way of Ferguson. Richetti is likewise not forged and the complete espionage subplot which worried Colonel Race is removed.
- Bowers is not solid and a part of her function is merged with Cornelia Robson.
- Fleetwood isn’t solid and this removes one feasible suspect.
- Rosalie Otterbourne does no longer grow to be with Tim Allerton. She does show her affection but he turns her down.
- The route of this cruise isn’t like that inside the novel. In the authentic the https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/9114064/ boat departs Shellal near Aswan for Wadi Halfa, preventing at Abu Simbel. In this edition, the boat departs Luxor and appears to cruise nearby, Karnak, Dendera and Valley of the Kings. It does now not visit Abu Simbel. Presumably there are extra magnificent filming places on this area. However Race tells Poirot he desired to enroll in Poirot as they cruise “upriver”. The boat does now not virtually cruise up river. The rock fall incident which took place at Abu Simbel inside the original therefore takes region at Dendera.
Spoilersend right here.Cast
- David Suchet as Hercule Poirot
- James Fox as Colonel Race
- Emma Griffiths Malin as Jacqueline de Bellefort (as Emma Malin)
- JJ Feild as Simon Doyle
- Emily Blunt as Linnet Ridgeway
- Judy Parfitt as Miss Van Schuyler
- Daisy Donovan as Cornelia Robson
- Barbara Flynn as Mrs Allerton
- Daniel Lapaine as Tim Allerton
- David Soul as Andrew Pennington
- Frances de l. a. Tour as Salome Otterbourne (as Frances De La Tour)
- Zoe Telford as Rosalie Otterbourne
- Alastair Mackenzie as Ferguson
- Steve Pemberton as Dr Bessner
- George Antoni as Cruise Manager (as George Yiasoumi)
- Elodie Kendall as Joanna Southwood
- Félicité Du Jeu as Louise Bourget (as Felicite Du Jeu)
- Uncredited actor as Lord Charles Windlesham
- Spectacular https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/9114030/ scenery – shot particularly on location, the display consists of most of the actual places visited at some stage in the cruise.
- Loneliness – the later episodes within the series explored the topic of Poirot’s loneliness. There is a scene of him discussing this with Jacqueline de Bellefort at the same time as on the boat searching into the night sky. See also Mrs McGinty’s Dead.
- Forgiveness – Poirot’s compassion in allowing the culprits an honourable or much less painful manner out. This is also a recurrent theme within the later episodes in the collection.
Tropes and topicsFilming Locations
- Eltham Palace, Court Road, Eltham, London – As Wode Hall.
- Sofitel Winter Palace Hotel, Luxor
- P. S. Sudan – as the S. S. Karnak. Agatha Christie took a cruise at the Sudan in 1933 and this stimulated her to write down the radical.
- Luxor Temple
- Dendera Temple complex
- Valley of the Kings
GalleryPromotional VideosSee AlsoReferences