Burnley 0-2 Man City: Champions Return To Pinnacle Of Most Fulfilling League With Snug Win At Turf Moor
Manchester City responded to Liverpool’s win over Watford earlier within the day with the aid of easing to a 2-0 victory at Burnley that sent them returned to the pinnacle of the Premier League desk.
Pep Guardiola’s facet went into the game at Turf Moor understanding that anything however three factors might see them go into subsequent weekend’s showdown with Liverpool – live on Sky Sports – at the back of their identify opponents.
Man City also face a Champions League double-header towards Atletico Madrid in the coming weeks, however Guardiola warned before the sport his aspect couldn’t have the funds for to overlook the mission supplied through Burnley.
- How the groups covered Match stats
- Premier League table Fixtures news
- Sean Dyche made two changes to his Burnley side, with Kevin Long coming in for the suspended Nathan Collins and Jack Cork replacing Maxwel Cornet.
- Man City made 3 modifications, with Ederson coming in for Zach Steffen, Nathan Ake changing John Stones and Phil Foden resuming his function as a fake nine in location of Gabriel Jesus.Fortunately for the manager, his group seemed to pay attention to his warning, with Kevin De Bruyne giving them the lead after just five minutes while he latched onto Raheem Sterling’s cushioned pass and drilled a primary-time shot into the pinnacle corner of Nick Pope’s net.City have a tendency to revel in themselves against Burnley – they’ve now won their last 10 games towards the Clarets by means of an combination rating of 34-1 – and they doubled their lead 20 mins later in comparable fashion, with Sterling once more finding space on the right earlier than squaring for Ilkay Gundogan, whose strike took a slight deflection off Kevin Long to wrong foot Pope.With such a lot of essential furnishings at the horizon, it was possibly comprehensible that City seemed to ease off after going 2-0 ahead, although they did continue to create possibilities.Sterling volleyed high and extensive with Pope stranded after Phil Foden observed him with a clipped via ball, and Foden then saw his clever lower back-heeled volley from Joao Cancelo’s cross saved out via the Burnley goalkeeper.Gabriel Jesus turned into added with just under 1/2 an hour to play and seemed determined to stop his barren run in the Premier League, with his closing aim in the competition coming in September.But the Brazilian – looking short of self belief – ignored some of possibilities, consisting of an attempt that got here back down the post and a volley over the bar from but every other Sterling move.As for Burnley, they were unable to muster plenty of a comeback, with https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mandolita.regarder-a-business-proposal-streaming Jay Rodriguez’s effort from the brink of the region after Jack Grealish changed into stuck in ownership the closest they came to troubling Ederson.The Clarets have now failed to rating of their closing four league games – their longest run without a purpose in the opposition in almost seven years – and they stay nineteenth within the Premier League, 4 factors behind seventeenth-positioned Everton, who tackle West Ham on Sunday, stay on Sky Sports.Burnley’s next sport is against Everton on Wednesday, also live on Sky Sports.Burnley: Pope (6), Roberts (5), Long (6), Tarkowski (6), Taylor (5), Lennon (6), Westwood (6), Cork (6), Brownhill (6), McNeil (6), Weghorst (five).Subs: Cornet (6), Rodriguez (6), Barnes (6).Manchester City: Ederson (6), Walker (7), Laporte (6), Ake (7), Cancelo (7), De Bruyne (8), Rodri (7), Gundogan (8), Sterling (nine), Foden (7), Grealish (6).Subs: Jesus (five), Silva (6).Man of the healthy: Raheem SterlingGuardiola: Burnley kept the grass so highGuardiola praised his Man City facet’s capability to conform to situations at Burnley, particularly the “excessive” grass that greeted the champions at Turf Moor.”After the international spoil you by no means recognise what is going to appear,” stated Guardiola. “Especially nowadays, the conditions of the pitch had been so hard because the grass was so high. But we adapt.Please use Chrome browser for a more available video participantPep Guardiola says Manchester City had to adapt to hard conditions in their win at Burnley, however felt his side changed into usually pretty cushty”In the second 1/2 we had two or three probabilities to kill the game, but unfortunately we could not do it.”Asked whether or not he felt comfortable that his facet might take all 3 factors after their early desires, the Man City boss delivered: “A little bit however the sport became no longer over, and in the second half they pushed a little bit more.”They determined to play 4-five-1, now they play 4-four-2. They have been more aggressive and it was a little bit more complicated. The reality that we could not score a third aim supposed it changed into greater open.”Dyche: Early intention harmed our recreation planPlease use Chrome browser for a extra available video participantSean Dyche admits Burnley’s sport plan for dealing with Manchester City become affected while his aspect went at the back of after simply 5 mins in their 2-zero defeat at Turf MoorSean Dyche admitted De Bruyne’s goal after simplest 5 mins placed paid to his side’s recreation plan, saying: “They’re a pinnacle facet, we know that. They placed out a very sturdy facet, which they could do, of course.”We had a sport plan to try to get a foothold in the sport and attempt to manage their precise play, which they regularly have, but while you give a aim away in 5 mins, that now and again influences that pretty appreciably.”Then we gave away a 2nd one, however I thought some of the play inside the 2d 1/2 reminded us of what we’re about.”We have not had a sport for some weeks [and it] looked like that. I thought inside the first half of in particular, they predicted the sport a long way quicker and the aim became like that. The ball goes over our heads and we’re stuck a bit bit ball-watching.”Isolated Weghorst leaves Burnley looking toothlessBurnley moved far from their trademark four-4-2 formation for simply the 1/3 time within the Premier League this season, with Dyche’s plan to “control” Man City seeing Jack Cork starting in vicinity of Maxwel Cornet in a bid to pork up the midfield, however the supervisor admitted his game plan turned into undone inside five minutes thanks to De Bruyne’s early goal.In truth, the possibilities of a home win over the champions have been slender no matter Dyche’s techniques, given Pep Guardiola’s crew’s ordinary dominance of the Clarets, but beginning with Wout Weghorst as a lone striker seemed mainly poor.Image:Wout Weghorst struggled to exert his impact during Burnley’s defeat to Man CityThe large Dutchman is surely a chance to competition defences, but launching lengthy balls towards him without every body there to attack the second balls become a curious tactic that noticed Burnley report just 3 touches within the opposition container inside the first half.Dyche seemed to renowned the problem inside the 2d 1/2, bringing on each Cornet and Jay Rodriguez and moving Josh Brownhill right into a extra superior function, however it changed into too little too late, particularly towards a Man City side that have now not dropped a factor from triumphing positions in the Premier League this season.Weghorst ended the game with zero shots, zero touches inside the opposition box and fewer than 50 consistent with cent of his aerial duels received, which outlined the toothless nature of a Burnley assault that relied on his prowess in the air.With just 10 games final for Burnley to make up a four-point gap on Everton – who’ve a game in hand – the onus is on Dyche to get greater from January signing Weghorst, who changed into added in to assist stave off relegation however now has simply one intention in 10 league video games.Opta stats: Gundogan and Laporte set information
- Man City have won 14 in their final 15 video games in opposition to Burnley in all competitions (D1), triumphing each of their final 10 in opposition to the Clarets by means of an mixture scoreline of 34-1.
- Burnley have misplaced 4 consecutive Premier League games without scoring for the primary time due to the fact that May 2015.
- Kevin De Bruyne has scored 10 league goals for Man City this season, simply the second one time he is reached double figures for dreams in a unmarried Premier League campaign (thirteen in 2019-20).
- Ilkay Gundogan scored his 34th Premier League purpose for Man City, making him the outright top scoring German within the competition’s records, overtaking Mesut Ozil (33).
- Man City’s Aymeric Laporte made his a centesimal Premier League appearance today, choosing up his 82nd win – the maximum wins by a player in their first one hundred video games within the competition’s records.Player of the match: Raheem SterlingSterling ought to have ended the sport with a hat-trick of assists but needed to make do with after laying at the dreams for De Bruyne and Gundogan with neat passes from the proper wing.Image:Raheem Sterling doubled his Premier League assists tally for the season at BurnleyWhat’s subsequent?
Burnley Vs Manchester City Live Score, H2h And Lineups
Loading…About the in shape
Burnley goes face to face with Manchester City starting on 2 Apr 2022 at 14:00 UTC at Turf Moor stadium, Burnley city, England. The healthy is part of the Premier League.
Burnley performed in opposition to Manchester City in 2 matches this season. Currently, Burnley rank nineteenth, at the same time as Manchester City preserve 1st role. Looking to evaluate the great-rated participant on both groups? SofaScore’s rating machine assigns every participant a particular score based totally on severa facts factors.
On SofaScore livescore you https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mandolita.regarder-a-business-proposal-streaming can find all preceding Burnley vs Manchester City results sorted by using their H2H suits. SofaScore also offers the first-class way to comply with the stay score of this sport with diverse sports activities functions. Therefore, you can:
- Find out who scored in a stay fit
- Get real-time facts on which team is dominating the fit the use of the Attack Momentum
- Follow precise facts such as ball ownership, photographs, corner kicks, big chances created, cards, key passes, duels and more
- Check all head to head suits – for example, within the closing season Burnley and Manchester City played 2 video games towards every different
- Track all home and away games for each crew in the Premier League
- Check out how SofaScore network votes on which team is much more likely to win this fit.
All of those functions can assist you decide on Burnley vs. Manchester City sport prediction. Even even though SofaScore does not provide direct betting, it offers the first-rate odds and indicates you which websites offer stay betting. Live U-TV odds are viewable on SofaScore’s Football stay rating phase.
Where to observe Burnley vs. Manchester City? Under TV Channels phase you may find the list of all channels that broadcast Burnley – Manchester City stay match. You can also stay circulate this fit thru our having a bet companions or click on on any hyperlinks on SofaScore for a legal live move.
NAME: Burnley – Manchester City
DATE: 2 Apr 2022
TIME: 14:00 UTC
VENUE: Turf Moor, Burnley, England
Burnley live score, time table and effects
Manchester City live rating, schedule and consequences
SofaScore livescore is available as iPhone and iPad app, Android app on Google Play and Windows telephone app. You can discover us in all shops on specific languages as “SofaScore”. Install SofaScore app on and comply with Burnley Manchester City live for your cell!
*Important note – SofaScore.com in partnership with U-TV gives over 140,000 stay streaming activities in step with year. However, please notice that the intellectual belongings rights to move such events are normally owned at a country degree and consequently, depending to your region, there can be positive activities that you’ll be not able to view due to such restrictions. Prior to becoming a member of U-TV and investment your account for you to view Burnley Manchester City, or another particular event through the U-TV live movement, you are strongly suggested to check with U-TV if, depending to your place of residence, it’s far feasible to view the stay streamed occasion in query.
Pep Guardiola Bemoans Burnley’s ‘longest Grass’ But Slick Man City Nonetheless Regain Pinnacle Spot
With Pep Guardiola annoying perfection to defend the identify, his Manchester City gamers will triumph over diverse barriers inside the subsequent months. At Turf Moor they recorded victory despite long grass hindering their passing and the psychological impact of in brief losing their location on the pinnacle of the desk.
Guardiola counseled afterwards that Liverpool’s lunchtime win had played no element in his crew-talk but it become the primary time they had been in 2nd vicinity since the start of December.
Kevin De Bruyne’s volley ensured Jurgen Klopp could enjoy being at the summit for little over half of an hour. City had scored by the time Klopp sat down for his submit-healthy press convention, with Ilkay Gundogan scoring shortly after.
“To be honest we don’t communicate about our contenders to be champions this season,” said Guardiola. “I bet they knew the Liverpool result however we travelled one hour on a train to do our task.”
Guardiola had spoken of the table having no mental impact to his gamers beforehand of this game and the manner his group began cautioned he turned into right. There became no hangover from their goalless draw at Crystal Palace earlier than the worldwide wreck. Their response to losing into second vicinity for the first time considering the fact that December turned into emphatic.
In truth, De Bruyne’s aim changed into the proper response to accusations of City wobbling. He finished off a move that worried half of their outfield gamers and saw the ball switch from flank to flank. Kyle Walker commenced the attack with a 50-yard bypass which was the width of the pitch. Sterling and De Bruyne mixed again for the second one goalCredit:GETTY IMAGES
With ownership shifted to Rodri, he lifted the ball into the region wherein his crew-pals were ready to assault. Raheem Sterling cushioned into the direction of De Bruyne, who lashed into the top corner. Guardiola might also owe Roberto Martinez a thank-you textual content after resting the Belgium midfielder from global motion.
Poor Kevin Long changed into drafted into the Burnley group for his first appearance of the season and was up in opposition to a City crew who regarded reason on proving a point. Long, 31, has been at Burnley for extra than a decade and has mainly been a returned-up. https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=mandolita.regarder-a-business-proposal-streaming It could not have been tougher for him.
City’s 2d aim became any other slick move, despite the fact that this time need to had been saved by means of Nick Pope. De Bruyne turned into the architect, slipping through Sterling in the back of the Burnley defence which allowed the England winger to select out a team-mate.
Gundogan scuffed his finish but it went through Long’s legs and beyond Pope for any other volleyed intention on a surface that made it difficult to play on the floor. Guardiola became now not keen on the playing surfaceCredit:GETTY IMAGES
“It is the longest I actually have ever played in the Premier League however it’s miles a way and the house team can determine the choices,” said Guardiola. “I can say that because we gained, in any other case I might now not make the comment because it seems like an excuse from the losing side.
“The grass changed into so high and while that takes place it’s miles a bit bit more hard for us and our rhythm but with the way we played wasn’t that important, the players tailored.”
Guardiola is treating those video games like cup matches. He says he will choose his high-quality crew in each sport as there’s no margin for mistakes in opposition to Liverpool.
“Eight video games left, 24 points,” he said. “We spoke about that. We need to sense the strain that every recreation we play if we lose we are not going to win, we can be out.
“Hopefully Liverpool will lose against us but aside from that I don’t suppose they’ll drop factors. We need to feel this pressure and deal with it. We did it inside the past. We gained 12 video games in a row, now we must win 8 video games. Otherwise, we can now not be champions.”
Sean Dyche’s aspect now head into Wednesday’s rearranged fixture with Everton with the match a relegation cup very last for the two teams. He despatched on Maxwel Cornet inside the 2nd half because the Ivory Coast forward has scored four Champions League dreams in opposition to City, but the team struggled to create possibilities for him.
They have misplaced their ultimate 4 games but more importantly have long past 404 mins now without finding the lower back of the net. Their forward Wout Weghorst was an uncomfortable presence for City defenders, with an elbow catching Rodri throughout one aerial conflict. But the Dutch striker had little service in front of aim.
It took them seventy five mins to have a shot on the right track, which Ederson saved well from Jay Rodriguez.
“It is hard whilst you are out there, they may be a top aspect,” stated Dyche. “We attempted to exchange it, get a further midfielder. It modifications the complete experience after they score after 5 minutes. It did appearance a chunk rusty.
“Second half of we got a lot more potent. I spoke to the gamers at half time and said it is back to what we are doing. Maxwel came on regarded sharp, Westy (Ashley Westwood) grew into the sport.
“It is a truth of a group like Man City, that they had 3 efforts on target in the first half of and scored . I don’t assume we’ve finished that all season. Now it’s miles about gamers clearly taking the chances.”
As it occurred: Premier League 3pm kick-offs
4:59PMFT: Burnley zero Manchester City 2
A professional job nicely executed by way of City to return to the pinnacle of the desk. De Bruyne and Gudogan scored first-rate goals early on, and after that Burnley established their fate and conserved a few energy for a pivotal healthy at home to Everton on Wednesday.
Graham Potter’s side dominated the sport however couldn’t make their pressure pay with Neal Maupay missing a penalty. We have seen that film before.
four:56PMFT: Wolves 2 Aston Villa 1
This time Wolves hang directly to a lead at domestic after dropping in opposition to Leeds. Aston Villa pay the fee for a completely terrible first half, and that is lower back-to-again defeats for Steven Gerrard’s group.
four:55PMFT: Chelsea 1 Brentford 4
Surely the season’s most astonishing scoreline? Antonio Rudiger’s lengthy-variety strike gave Chelsea the lead early in the second 1/2 but Brentford roared back via a Janelt double and goals from Eriksen and Wissa.
Brentford are honestly safe; Arsenal can now pass to within two factors of Chelsea in 0.33 in the event that they win on Monday night time at Crystal Palace.
four:54PMFT: Leeds 1 Southampton 1
Jesse Marsch’s team pegged again by using that James Ward-Prowse’s terrific loose-kick. Not a horrible point with Watford and Burnley dropping today.
4:53PMWhat a return
8 & three – Cristian Eriksen has best been involved in more Premier League desires against Swansea (11), Stoke (10) and Southampton (nine) than he has towards Chelsea (8 – three desires, five assists), with all 3 of his dreams towards the Blues coming at Stamford Bridge. Class. p.c.twitter.com/DK3frZw4nn— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) April 2, 2022
4:47PMGOAL! Villa pull one back
Ollie Watkins scores from the spot after a nasty by means of Jose Sa. Wolves 2 Villa 1 with five minutes plus delivered time last.
four:46PMGOAL! Brentford have a fourth at Chelsea!
Would you credit it? Shades of the barmy victory for West Brom away at Chelsea last season, however Brentford will now not be following them into the Championship. The substitute Wissa ratings after a scramble inside the container.
4:37PMBrentford nevertheless three-1 up approaching the eightieth minute
They have navigated a tricky duration and emerged unscathed, fending off conceding a quickfire goal after scoring their 0.33. A little extra than 10 mins for them to live to tell the tale the Chelsea strain.
4:29PM70 mins at the clock at Turf Moor
Gabriel Jesus has changed Phil Foden as City’s supremacy continues. At least Burnley have managed to stem the scoring and avoid any other five-zero in opposition to City.
four:24PMBrentford’s away give up is bouncing
four:18PMGOAL! Brentford have scored a third
What a overall performance this is from Thomas Frank’s team, Chelsea have completely collapsed after going in the front. This one turned into a outstanding, powerful end from a good attitude from Janelt once more, who now has two.
4:16PMChristian Eriksen’s goal at Chelsea
Sean Dyche introduced on Cornet for McNeil at half of time, perhaps with a purpose to a massive domestic sport in opposition to Everton within the week. City nevertheless cruising and Kyle Walker has examined Nick Pope from distance.
4:12PMGOAL! Christian Eriksen has scored for Brentford at Stamford Bridge
The fairytale go back keeps! Mbuemo with a damage after a few Chelsea pressure, and he teed up Eriksen inside the penalty who lifted the ball over Mendy with a pleasant end. Brentford now 2-1 up!
four:08PMGOAL! Immediate Brentford equaliser
Vitaly Janelt smashes a left-footed shot into the top corner – Brentford have been no longer in the back of for long!
four:07PMGOAL! Chelsea have the breakthrough
Antonio Rudiger with a cracking strike from outdoor the field to interrupt Brentford’s resistance.
James Ward-Prowse has equalised at Elland Road – Leeds will no longer be getting their domestic smooth sheet. Another wonderful unfastened-kick from Ward-Prowse.
four:06PMWe’re again under way at the begin of the second one half of
And there has already been a few drama…