It appears like we’re caught in a in no way ending loop of figuring out the way to watch the Marvel films in order. As soon as a brand new launch comes out, every other is at the horizon, or one is precariously ready to take a sledgehammer to Marvel Studios’ cautiously crafted chronological order.
With Thor: Love and Thunder simply weeks away, now is a great time to dive lower back in for an MCU marathon. If you need assist, we’ve got you blanketed. In our manual on the way to watch the Marvel movies so as, we’ve were given the primary release order. That’s the whole thing, from 2008’s Iron Man onwards, within the order they were launched in cinemas. If you’re feeling a little more courageous, we’ve got all the Marvel movies and suggests in chronological order. Yes, the indicates be counted now too. The roster of Disney Plus series keeps to grow and they’re simply as indispensable to the MCU as their box office cousins.
We’ll even take within the small caveats into attention, such as how the MCU watch order is suffering from Disney Plus, and what’s popping out quickly that you need to be privy to. So, if you’re a newcomer and also you need to realize the way to watch the Marvel movies in order from the very beginning or you’re an MCU vet who just desires a refresher within the Marvel Phase four era, we’re right here to help.
- How to observe the Star Wars movies so as
- How to observe the X-Men films so as
- Our guide to Marvel Phase four
How to watch the Marvel movies in order – launch order
Best for: Newcomers to the Marvel movies.
First up, right here’s how to watch the Marvel movies in launch order. Marvel movies, we ought to notice, are split into Phases, with the stop of a Phase usually indicating a natural quit to a tale arc. The starting of a Phase, consequently, signals the advent of recent, critical characters. Below, we undergo Phases 1 to 4 in launch order. Yes, that includes WandaVision/Falcon and The Winter Soldier/Loki. No, they’re now not technically films, however the MCU is converting so rapidly that the Disney Plus shows are now just as essential.
- 1. Iron Man (2008)
- 2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- 3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
- 4. Thor (2011)
- 5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 6. The Avengers (2012)
- 7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
- 8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- 9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- 10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- eleven. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 12. Ant-Man (2015)
- thirteen. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- 14. Doctor Strange (2016)
- 15. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)
- 16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- 17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- 18. Black Panther (2017)
- 19. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- 20. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- 21. Captain Marvel (2019)
- 22. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- 23. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
- 24. WandaVision (Disney Plus series)
- 25. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney Plus collection)
- 26. Loki season 1 (Disney Plus collection)
- 27. Black Widow (2021)
- 28. What If…? (Disney Plus series)
- 29. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
- 30. Eternals (2021)
- 31. Hawkeye (Disney Plus collection)
- 32. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
- 33. Moon Knight (Disney Plus series)
- 34. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
Want to dive in proper now? The majority of the Marvel films are to be had on Disney Plus. If you need to test out the pleasant offers for the streaming provider, head over to our Disney Plus bundles web page.
We additionally recognise a truthful amount of what’s arising within the destiny, with Marvel having laid out plans for Phase 4 and past. Here’s a flavor of the Marvel films coming our over the next few years – and you may discover a comprehensive list of all the new Marvel TV suggests through that hyperlink.
Phase Four (and beyond):
- Ms. Marvel – June eight, 2022 – (Disney Plus series)
- Thor: Love and Thunder – July 8, 2022
- She Hulk – August 17, 2022 (Disney Plus series)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever – November 11, 2022
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania – February 17, 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – May 5, 2023
- The Marvels (AKA Captain Marvel 2) – July 28, 2023
- Blade (TBA)
- Captain America 4 (TBA)
- Fantastic Four (TBA)
- Untitled Mutants film (TBA)
- Deadpool 3 (TBA)
- Secret Invasion (TBA)
How to look at the Marvel movies in order – chronological order
Best for: MCU veterans searching out a new way to look at.
Want to enjoy the MCU in a greater complex fashion? Then you will perhaps want to recognise the way to watch the Marvel films in chronological order.
This one’s a touch less trustworthy than the above list. Luckily, Marvel has revealed the professional yr in which every movie takes location. That is going proper up to Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which fits snugly in-among Endgame and Far From Home and the likes of Hawkeye, which takes area around No Way Home.
- 1. Captain America: The First Avenger (1942-1943)
- 2. Captain Marvel (1995)
- 3. Iron Man (2010)
- four. Iron Man 2 (2011)
- five. The Incredible Hulk (2011)
- 6. Thor (2011)
- 7. The Avengers (2012)
- 8. Iron Man three (2012)
- 9. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- 10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- 11. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- 12. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2014)
- thirteen. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 14. Ant-Man (2015)
- 15. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- sixteen. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016)
- 17. Doctor Strange (2016-2017)
- 18. Black Widow (2017)
- 19. Black Panther (2017)
- 20. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- 21. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2017)
- 22. Avengers: Infinity War (2017)
- 23. Avengers: Endgame (2018-2023)
- 24. Loki (out of doors of our conception of time, but round right here!)
- 25. What If…? (additionally outdoor of our thought of time!)
- 26. WandaVision (2023)
- 27. Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings (2023-2024)
- 28. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2023-2024)
- 29. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2024)
- 30. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2024)
- 31. Eternals (2024)
- 32. Hawkeye (Christmas 2024)
- 33. Moon Knight (2025)
- 34. Doctor Strange within the Multiverse of Madness (2025)
Non-MCU Marvel films and suggests within the MCU
Best for: Anyone who desires to absolutely admire No Way Home
Now we are getting to the perplexing bit: the multiverse. Thanks to Spider-Man: No Way Home, we’ve got had numerous Spider-Man villains from via the multiverse within the MCU, and to fully recognize absolutely everyone’s reasons and intentions in No Way Home, you need to have watched a truthful few older Spider-Man movies.
These take vicinity on 3 alternative timelines: one in which Tobey Maguire is Spider-Man, any other in which Andrew Garfield is Spidey, and a third in which Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock turns into the villain Venom. For a complete deep dive into looking these movies, then take a look at out our guide to the way to watch the Spider-Man films so as.
- Spider-Man (2002)
- Spider-Man 2 (2004)
- Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Venom (2018)
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
- Morbius (2022)
Then there may be The Defenders, which are sort-of a part of the MCU, however additionally type-of not. They start very plenty linked to the films, and then steadily lose all connection – thanks in particular to initially being Netflix products. Now, even though, they may be all on Disney Plus, and in case you need to tackle Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and The Punisher, you then’re going to want to recognise the watch order. Luckily, we have precisely the piece you’re after: the way to watch The Defenders Saga in order.How to look at the Marvel films on Disney Plus?
(Image credit score: Marvel Studios)
Best for: People with a Disney Plus subscription
Disney Plus has changed the streaming game. A massive competitor to Netflix and Amazon Prime, Disney’s access into the online content wars has made a massive impact, bringing all the Mouse’s conventional films into one area. There are also unique collection, plus the majority of the Marvel films.