Desierto Movie: An Intense Thriller That Will Keep You on the Edge of Your Seat As a professional writer and movie enthusiast, I was immediately drawn to the film Desierto. The intense thriller, directed by Jonás Cuarón, tells the story of a group of immigrants crossing the US-Mexico border and the brutal manhunt that ensues when they are hunted by a merciless vigilante. In this article, I will delve deeper into what makes this movie a must-watch and why it has garnered critical acclaim. Table of Content:
A Gritty and Intense Thriller
Desierto is a gripping and intense thriller that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The movie follows a group of immigrants who are crossing the US-Mexico border in search of a better life. However, their journey takes a dark turn when they are chased and hunted by a ruthless vigilante, played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Gael García Bernal leads the cast as Moises, one of the immigrants who must use his wits and survival skills to evade his pursuer and make it to safety. The movie is set in the harsh and unforgiving landscape of the desert, which adds to the tension and sense of isolation experienced by the characters. The cinematography is stunning, capturing the beauty and brutality of the landscape in equal measure. The film also touches on themes of immigration, xenophobia, and survival, making it a thought-provoking and relevant watch. One thing that sets Desierto apart from other thrillers is the lack of dialogue. The movie relies heavily on the visuals and the characters’ actions to tell the story, which adds to the suspense and the feeling of being lost in the desert with the characters. Overall, Desierto is a must-watch for fans of intense thrillers and those who enjoy thought-provoking cinema. It is a gritty and realistic portrayal of the dangers faced by immigrants crossing the border and the lengths they must go to survive. FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Is Desierto based on a true story?
A: While the movie is not based on a specific true story, it is inspired by real-life events and the struggles faced by immigrants crossing the US-Mexico border.
- Q: Is Desierto a violent movie?
A: Yes, the movie is violent and intense, with scenes of graphic violence and gore. Viewer discretion is advised.
- Q: Are there any special features or extras on the DVD/Blu-ray?
A: Yes, the DVD/Blu-ray includes a making-of featurette, as well as interviews with the cast and crew.
- Q: Is Desierto available for streaming?
A: Yes, the movie is available for streaming on various platforms, including Amazon Prime and iTunes.
- Q: Who is the director of Desierto?
A: The movie is directed by Jonás Cuarón, who is also known for his work on Gravity and Chasing the Dragon.
Pros and Cons:
Pros and Cons
- Intense and gripping storyline
- Stunning cinematography
- Thought-provoking themes
- Strong performances from the cast, especially Gael García Bernal and Jeffrey Dean Morgan
- The lack of dialogue may not be to everyone’s taste
- The graphic violence may be too much for some viewers
- The ending may leave some viewers wanting more
If you’re planning on watching Desierto, here are some tips to enhance your viewing experience:
- Watch it in a dark room with no distractions to fully immerse yourself in the atmosphere
- Pay attention to the visuals and the characters’ actions, as they are the main ways the story is conveyed
- Prepare yourself for intense and graphic violence
- Reflect on the themes of immigration, xenophobia, and survival after watching the movie
The Bottom Line
Desierto is a must-watch for fans of intense thrillers and those who enjoy thought-provoking cinema. It is a gritty and realistic portrayal of the dangers faced by immigrants crossing the border and the lengths they must go to survive. While it may not be to everyone’s taste, it is a movie that will stay with you long after the credits roll.